LONDON, Today, Time Out Group launches a new universal iPhone app on a global platform. The app joins Time Out’s recent Windows mobile and tablet apps as part of the media brand’s continued investment in its digital offerings.
The free app replaces Time Out’s individual city apps, providing location-based information through a single, universal app that currently covers New York, Los Angeles, London, Barcelona, and Paris. The launch in Los Angeles is sponsored by KETEL ONE® Vodka.
With one app representing Time Out globally, marketing and advertising campaigns on the platform now work on a global scale. The app delivers additional digital revenue opportunities offering flexible advertising units, restaurant reservations, tickets, and special offers through a newly designed check-out system.
During development Time Out tested the new features to make them as user-friendly as possible. This approach, informed in part by feedback from the public, will continue to be used to ensure the app is optimized and improved through regular updates.
The app provides audiences with the inspiration they need to do more in some of the world’s greatest cities. Compatible with the newly released Apple iOS 7, the app home screen is updated with new events and recommendations from Time Out’s respected editorial teams and enables users to get “near me” recommendations based on the time of day, giving users the inside track on things to do right now.
The City Switcher function enables travelers to effortlessly switch the focus of the app to a new city. As Time Out expands the number of cities on its global platform, the number of cities within the app will increase.
- Instant inspiration, updated several times daily, with easily accessible suggested events and venues on the home screen
- Beautiful design and user experience
- Seamless switching between cities for recommendations from Time Out teams in London, New York, Los Angeles, Barcelona and Paris
- Restaurant reservations, available without leaving the app
- Editor’s Picks, recommended by Time Out editors
- A searchable database for planning activities now or later, with results handily presented on a map
- A Favorites function that allows users to bookmark items to revisit later
- A Most Popular function, showing what’s hot in a user’s city right now
- Compatible with Apple iOS 7
“With the strategic importance of mobile for Time Out, we wanted to develop a new app that would continue to allow our customers to discover the best and latest of everything, citywide,” said Dave Cook, CTO of Time Out. “With our new global platform, a single system to manage Time Out content for all cities, we can support all channels and scale our global marketing with greater ease.”
“Our aim is always to help Time Out users to make the most out of their cities,” said Cook. “With this new app, everything worth knowing about in some of the world’s greatest cities will be available in one place, in one app, on your phone. Now there is no excuse to miss out on all the brilliant events and nights out in the world’s most vibrant cities.”
The Time Out iPhone app is available to download from iTunes today. The Time Out Windows mobile and tablet apps are available at the Windows Store.